Leeds Restrictions & Club Rides – Noon, Sat 26/09/20 (UPDATED – 2pm Wed 30/09/20)
• The committee has been considering last night’s introduction of fresh restrictions in Leeds to combat Covid-19.
• We believe that we can continue to organise group rides, but with one fundamental change – there will be no café stops.
• We are being referred to the ‘West Yorkshire Local Restrictions’ guidance on the government website – under ‘Team Sport & Physical Activity’ – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/west-yorkshire-local-restrictions
• The club has liaised with Leeds Council and is confident that we fall within the WY guidance above. Leeds guidance also exempts licensed physical activity, i.e. organised by a club or national governing body, from the restrictions. This applies to officially organised rides only. [Last two sentences added 2pm 30/09/20]
- Please wear a face covering at the meeting point.
NOTE: Bring adequate food/water bottles – a suitable point will be found on the longer rides to pull up and eat.