Thank you to all those (nearly 30% of members) who took part in the recent survey – it has been a very interesting exercise.
The committee is now looking at forward planning and future investment, and ensuring that its decisions match with what members want.
The headline results from the survey are below, and a report can be downloaded here.
- The club is very welcoming (averaging 4.7 out of a possible 5 maximum)
- Riders perceive that our Sunday rides stay on pace and distance ‘most of the time’
- Members feel well-informed of club activities, 4.5 out of 5 (females feel more well informed that males)
- Riders are satisfied with club activities but with some dissatisfaction with the Wednesday chain gang and with club kit – open text notes mention new design and lack of availability
- Female riders are generally more satisfied with club activities than males
- There is a strong appetite for additional road rides, preference for a Saturday ride
- There is a desire for off-road riding of various types, open text suggests we might want to look at a regular Sunday off-road ride
- Social events rate poorly compared to other questions 3.5 out of 5.