Open Event, all welcome. Riders must be a member of a Cycling Time Trials (CTT) affiliated club
(Seacroft are affiliated, you can join here).
New to Time Trialling?
If you have not ridden a time trial before and would like to have a go then this event is ideal for you to try, to see if you like it.
Course- Tadcaster V318 (see below for route)
Venue- Central area car park, St Joseph Street, Leeds LS24 9AS
Maximum field size of this category B event is 40 riders, demand is difficult to predict but to guarantee your place please arrange an online payment as soon as possible. We will update you with entry numbers so that you know whether entry/payment online is possible.
Entry Fees £5 senior members, £4 under 16s.
Under 18s must supply a signed CTT club events parental consent form – (one form covers all season).
The following necessary changes are needed to ensure that we are complying with the current COVID-19 rules. It is really important that you read this information ahead of turning out to race because failure to comply or not turning up with the correct items could mean that you are unable to ride. These will be regularly reviewed following any changes from the Government. The changes are:
- Competitors should not attend if they feel ill in any way, especially if they or family members have any symptoms.
- Competitors are advised that an elevated resting heart rate during warm up can suggest an underlying asymptomatic illness of ANY kind, and they should DNS and leave immediately and NOT go to the start line
- Warm ups must be conducted independently and competitors should warm up on the road individually. The use of turbo trainers are not allowed for warming up as we do not have sole use of the car park and could have a negative perception so needs to be avoided.
- Social distancing must be complied with at all times including the start area.
- Due to Covid-19 competitors can now pay before the event online direct into a bank account. In order to arrange this please Email: email@example.com. (We will try to respond within 48 hours). If you cannot pay on line via your bank account and you need to pay in cash on the night, please bring the exact money £5.00 per rider. Maximum field size of this category B event is 40 riders, demand is difficult to predict but to guarantee your place please arrange an online payment as soon as possible. We will update you with entry numbers so that you know whether entry/payment online is possible.
- There will be no pusher off
- You will be advised at the sign in of the event how many minutes before your start time that you are allowed to enter the start area.
- Numbers will have been cleaned and after there will be a bucket of hot soapy water for you to put your number in.
- You must not leave any personal possessions with the time keeper.
- Competitors must bring their own pens and wear face coverings for signing on.
- Competitors on finishing should not stop at the finish or loiter in the HQ/car park. Upon completion of their ride all competitors should pack away and leave immediately.
- Unless using a skin suit competitors must bring their own safety pins to secure their number.
- No results will be available on the night so please don’t wait to see your times they will be posted on the website as soon as possible.
- No spectators should be encouraged to attend.
- People should be reminded that they will be no socialising with others in the car park and should upon leaving their car, get their bike out and go straight out onto the road to warm up. A large collection of people has a negative perception and should be avoided.
GPX is available to copy/export here
Start on east side of A162 Tadcaster to Sherburn road at paint mark on kerb, 10 yds before road sign “A162 Ferrybridge, A64 York” just north of bridge over A64 dual Carriageway. Proceed South on on A162,via Towton, and Barkston Ash, to roundabout at start of Sherburn by-pass (5.0 mls). Encircle island and retrace outwood route to the finish at southern gatepost of first field entrance after crossing A64 fly over (opposite start point). (10 miles)
Map of course is below:
Please arrive and be ready to pay and collect your number. There is a maximum of 40 riders and it’s on a first come first served basis. Please note last signing on time will be 6.45pm. This helps organisers plan better but more importantly gives you the chance to warm up. Once you have collected your number this needs to be displayed on your back towards the left hand side. All riders will set themselves off at one minute intervals and given a time for the distance rode. It is helpful for the timekeepers if you shout out your number as you cross the finish line.
All competitors must use lights at all times of day and in all conditions. No lights no ride.
Marshals needed please, this event cannot happen without help, contact Elaine at firstname.lastname@example.org